Are you looking for travel tips during the rainy season? In this blog, I will share some safety tips you need to keep in mind while planing for monsoon trip.
Rain indeed calls for a tip! People love to travel during the monsoon to escape from the scorching heat. There is freshness all around, the sky looks too excellent and clear after the heavy rain, nature is at its best, and the place becomes fabulous and attractive that no one can deny for a trip in India. One feels relaxed in the monsoon season as it seems that nature takes away all the worries with the rain.
With the advantages of traveling in India amidst the monsoon, you must be prepared for waterlogging, pit holes, thunder, lightning, and sandy walkways. To make your travel more enjoyable and exciting, here are some of the tips you need to keep in mind before planning your trip.
Some essential tips for monsoon trip:
- Check the weather forecast – India is a land of diverse climate. Therefore, it becomes highly essential to check the weather forecast before planning your trip. If you are planning for a trip to Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, make sure you check the forecast for 3-5 days before and after. The region experiences plenty of rainfall along with landslides and cloudbursts. Avoid going to the hill station during the rainy season as the climate is unpredictable there.
- Pack synthetic and waterproof clothes – You will be on the safer side if you carry synthetic clothes on your vacation as it dries faster than types of denim. It is easy to carry them as they occupy less space in your bag. Go for synthetic fabric clothes that are light to carry and breathable.
- Carry suitable footwear – We often neglect the type of footwear we need to carry during the rainy season. To make your journey more smooth, remember to carry a comfortable pair of waterproof shoes and help you during the travel.
- Carry medicines and repellents – During the monsoon season, diseases widespread at a faster pace. We often say that prevention is better than cure. Don’t forget to carry some medicines, a first aid kit, and mosquito repellent along with you. It becomes essential to carry the medicines and repellents if you fall sick during your trip.
- Waterproof covering for your gadgets – As rain is unpredictable during the monsoon season, carry the plastic bag for your phone, watches, and camera. Gadgets have become an essential part of our life, and everyone wishes to capture the moment of their trip. To save the phone from damage, remember to carry the waterproof covering.
- Avoid eating street food – Don’t eat during the rainy season as there are waterborne diseases. Avoid eating junk food during the monsoon. I know one cannot avoid street food, but if you want to stay safe and healthy, try not to eat street food.
- Drink packed water – You should avoid drinking water from unreliable sources as there are high chances of falling sick. Buy full water bottles if you want to stay safe on your journey. There is a risk of water contamination during the monsoon if possible to boil the water before drinking.
As monsoon is the best time to plan a trip, you can now enjoy the journey by following the tips mentioned above, even if there is heavy rainfall. Remember you follow all the steps to face unforeseen circumstances and make your travel the most fabulous one.
If you wish to give any suggestions, our comment section is always open to your lovely comments.
Greetings, this is Naina Bakshi, a content writer by profession and a gypsy soul.
A fun-loving Punjabi Kudi by birth and a curious excursionist by choice. I always wanted to do something different, here I am, sharing my Travel Tales with you all.
It was back in 2019 when I discovered that adventure actually completes me; since then, I decided to something related to traveling, and here I am with my vision of ‘travel’ for another roamer like me.
In association with Sroanja Technology (an aspiring and leading Digital Marketing agency), I have started this travel blog wherein I will be sharing all the travel-related updates, tips, and guides. Alongside there will be numerous real-life experiences and off-beat updates to keep you entertained.
Stay in touch with this page and see the world with a new vision.
This website is powered by Sroanja Technology a leading Digital Marketing Agency that aims to deliver the best to its clients.